Monday, July 13, 2015

Sheng Kee Bakery 生計 - Chubby Boba

Just a mere mile from UC Berkeley, Sheng Kee Bakery offers a good selection of spectacular bakeries, cakes, Taiwanese pastries and milk tea at fairly cheap prices. I wasn't so curious about this Taiwanese bakery until I realized someone coming out from the shop with a big cup of bubble milk tea.
So this afternoon, I decided to pay a visit to try a chubby cup of milk tea.
I have a taro milk with boba added for my order. Considering this is my first taste of boba tea, the pearls are al dente and chewy whereas the taro milk has a nice taro flavor but heavily sweetened to my liking.
For their baked good, I managed to get a large palmier cookie, which is named butterfly. It is excellently flaky, crispy and buttery, indeed perfectly shaped as a large butterfly.

Chubby Cup

Sheng Kee

Sheng Kee Bakery

Palmier Cookie

Taro Milk Boba Tea

Butterfly

Sheng Kee Bakery 生計
Address: 2307 Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94704
Telephone: +1 510 848 8200
Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 08:00-23:00

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...