Saturday, October 18, 2014

Via Tokyo - Ice Cream

As announcement has been made, this limited flavor will not be launched starting tomorrow. To catch up the last bit of houjicha crave, I come to Via Tokyo again for my last cup of Houjicha happiness.
This Houjicha & Hokkaido milk parfait originally comes with Azuki paste in the middle (aka red bean paste), but I notably asked for an omission. It is indeed not visually appealing, but its silkiness is never disappointing. While both layers are as smooth as baby butter, the milky Hokkaido soft serve balances out the slight bitterness from the roasted green tea. 
The Matcha Affogato is served along with a mini cup of Matcha latte. I would say this is probably one of the best, and the smallest, Matcha latte I have ever had. Regardless of whether it is made with Hokkaido milk, that layer of foam still exists and has perfectly infused with the Matcha soft serve. It is magnificent!
To add on, the back-to-basic Hokkaido Milk soft serve in that crispy waffle cone is just another remarkable beauty. The soft cream is SUPER milky and soft. I LOVE my breakfast cone; oh I mean... Milk + Waffle, doesn't that make sense?

Houjicha Azuki Bean Parfait

Houjicha and Hokkaido Milk Parfait (excluding Anko / Azuki bean paste)

Matcha Soft Serve

Matcha Affogato (matcha latte)

Hokkaido Milk Cone

Via Tokyo
Address: Leishun Court, 106-126 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Telephone: 2895 1116
Opening Hours: Mon-Thur 09:30-22:00 ; Fri-Sat 09:30-23:30

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...