Sunday, August 24, 2014

Tung Po 東寶小館 - Dinner

The last time I was here was about two to three years ago. I didn't enjoy much due to the noisy and crowded environment. Nevertheless, the food here are so unexpectedly delightful, and today, I would appreciate one of these heritages in Hong Kong - Dai pai dong. 
The steamed mantis shrimp is fully filled with roe and served cold. The deep fried bombay duck is succulent yet I still prefer the one prepared by Lou Kei at Macau. The baked lotus leaf rice is a must-have here which has been made to perfection. And I can't deny that I'm so fond of herbal jelly after my recent visit to Kei Kee, but the one served here is even better with that gingery after taste! 

Cold mantis shrimp

Fried calamari in salt and pepper

Fried bombay duck in salt and pepper

Deep fried pork trotters served with red fermented bean curd

Duck sauced lotus leaf rice

Chinese herbal jelly in ginger syrup

The challenge bowl


Tung Po 東寶小館
Address: 2/F Java Road Municipal Services Building, 99 Java Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Telephone: 2880 5224
Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 17:30-00:30

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...